Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
San Jose City College Email Requirement
O’Reilly Safari Books is open to all San Jose City College students, faculty and staff. A valid student or faculty/staff email address is required. Students will need to use their San Jose City College student email address to access O’Reilly Safari eBooks, see For Students page. Faculty and Staff, use the For Instructors & Staff page.
NEW: Also see step-by-step instructions for creating your account on this downloadable O'Reilly Guide
Step 1: Create Your email@example.com Account
Step 2: Create & Validate an O’Reilly Safari Account
To create an account, follow the directions below. O’Reilly Safari Books is open to all San Jose City College College students, faculty and staff.
- Go to O’Reilly Safari Books https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/temporary-access
- Enter your San Jose City College emaill address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTE: You'll have access immediately, but you'll need to validate your account
- Validate Account: O’Reilly Safari will send an email in about 20 minutes
- Select the link in the email to validate your email address and create a password
- Once you have a validated account, Sign In to O’Reilly Safari Books on or off-campus directly through https://learning.oreilly.com/home/